Monday, June 9, 2008

Another blog?

Hello fellow Hudson River Presbyterians, and friends --

The 218th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA) is just 'round the corner. It will be a week filled with worship, prayer, study, hopefulness, anxiety, questions, ups, downs, and in-betweens. Who knows what will happen? We join in prayer with the whole church for the guidance of the Spirit, whatever may come.

This blog is an offering to the presbytery -- intended to offer a view on the actions of the Assembly as it gathers in San Jose, California. Not all of us can be there, so I'll be blogging throughout the assembly, offering my reflections as the week unfolds. Please keep in mind -- I'll be offering a view...not the only view...just mine. I'll do my best to keep my eyes and ears open for items of particular interest for Hudson River Presbytery -- and this will certainly include (yet won't be limited to) actions taken with regard to our Overtures -- those on the deletion of G-6.0106b, the War in Iraq, and the Book of Order language regarding marriage. I'll also pay special attention to the process regarding the Form of Government revision (the FOG, as it were). And, moving beyond the legislation, I'll also try to keep up with our HRP folk in attendance - including our Commissioners, YAD, General Presbyter (and Former GA Moderator), Stated Clerk -- along with our Woman-of-Faith Award winner, Thea Jackson. It promises to be a full week!

I hope you'll join me in conversation, too. Please be welcome to add your comments and questions, and I'll do my best to respond as I'm able.

For now, we pray for wisdom and guidance -- for the healing of the church, and the renewal of its life. It is a long, but joyous journey.

God's peace,
Chris

No comments: